Friday, July 23, 2010

Made for This: Evangelism

(se.10.26-2) You Were Made for This - Evangelism

Like a city on a hill, God saved you and adopted you into his family to shine brightly in this dark world.  When we love God, we worship.  When we love fellow believers, we minister.  When we love nonbelievers, we evangelize.

 

 

 

Scripture Used

Matthew 28.19-20 (NLT)

Luke 8.16-21 (NLT)

Mark 3.21 (referenced, but not quoted)

Quotes

In the world, you have to do something to be somebody.

In Christianity, God makes us someone so we can do some things.

“My identity is light, so my activity is shining.”

“My identity is family, so my activity is serving.”

 

References

I referenced George Whitefield’s “How to Listen to a Sermon.”

http://www.contagiouschristian.com/

Warren, Rick: The Purpose-driven Life

Strobel, Lee: Inside the Mind of Unchurched Harry and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment